A temperature control unit suited for the injection moulding process is a tremendously important component of contoured and variotherm mould temperature control.
That is why CONTURA® – the mould temperature control specialist – offers a temperature control unit optimised to meet these requirements. It sets itself apart with the following special benefits:
- Low space requirements
- Extremely fast heating and cooling cycles
- Operated via touch screen
- Integrated trend recording
- Moveable base
- Heating output: 38 KW
- Cooling output: direct cooling
- Pressurised water unit: up to 180°
- Pump capacity: max. 100 l/min.
- Voltage: 380V/2 x 32A
- Cooling water network 1/2”
- Pump pressure: 6.0 – 8.0 bar
- Injection moulding or compression moulding tools, tool inserts with cooling channels close to the cavity
- Typical tool temperature range over 100°C; up to 180°C
- Shorter cycle time with variotherm process applications
Heating and cooling follows the injection cycle
- Over 100 K temperature difference between heating and cooling operation on the cavity
- Very high ability to improve the quality of injection-moulded parts and/or the cycle time
- Easily integrated into standard tools
The gecko is a poikilothermic organism. It is very nimble and also highly efficient in regards to its energy consumption. We consider it the perfect namesake for our temperature control unit.